21 vakantietips: voor, tijdens en na je reis
Pagina 2 van 2
At Puur op reis you will find many tips and articles with useful information under 'handy' and 'travel news'. Because it's almost holiday time, we have selected 21 handy tips, applicable before, during and after your holiday. Do you also have a tip? We'd love for you to share your tip or comment.
Before your holiday
1. Plan and book your holiday or trip. Make a list of what you want to see and do. Where do you want to go? Can you do what is on your list in that country? Once you have made your choice, book your favourite trip as soon as possible so that you still have that choice. Book your trip
2. Packing suitcases or bags can cause a lot of holiday stress. Especially when you are travelling by air, you may have to deal with limited luggage options. Packing your suitcase as economically as possible is a must. It's easy to pack suitcases! Koffers inpakken doe je zo!
3. Make sure your house is secure. Holidays and weekends away are ideal moments for thieves and burglars to strike. At least don't post on social media that you're going on holiday and, unless there are people in your house, don't post those nice holiday photos either, no matter how tempting it is. Your address will so easy to find. Are you travelling with a motorhome or caravan? Don't pack them in front of the door or on the driveway. It is not difficult for burglars to see when they can plan their move.
4. If you go on holiday by car, then of course the car must be in tip-top condition. Is your car ready for the summer holidays?
5. Do you want to take your dog or cat on holiday then you will also have to make the necessary preparations. You do need to arrange things sometimes, but it's certainly not impossible.
6. Start on time with applying for a visa and make sure that your passport is still valid. Also useful is an EHIC card from your health insurance company.
7. Travelling for a longer periode of time? How wonderful. Especially if you make a longer trip with a camper or decide to spend the winter in warmer climates a few months. Whatever the reason is, there are a number of things you need to take care of before you can leave. Waar moet je op letten?
8. Camping is great for one and another has absolutely no interest at all in that hassle with setting up tents, or just wants luxury. No problem. There are plenty of campsites where you can rent fully equipped tents. And don't you go out with your own camping equipment? Then make sure you are well prepared.
During your holiday
9. If you have a long flight ahead of you, then it is nice if you can get through it comfortably. Although this is almost impossible in economy class. But there are certainly things you can do to make yourself as comfortable as possible. Wat kun je doen?
10. Hello jet lag. Yes, especially with a longer flight (more than 6 hours) you will have to deal with jet lag. If you fly to the west, for many people that jetlag is a bit less than if you fly to the east. Towards the west you get hours, towards the east you lose hours. That's why a lot of longer flights to the east are often night flights. However, you can do something to reduce your jet lag. Jetlag verminderen.
11. The use of a credit card is almost a must in many countries. You need it to book a hotel room or a rental car. In any case, make a note of the telephone number of the credit card company or your bank so that you can call it immediately if you lose your card or if it is stolen.
12. Issue your passport or not? It's a lot of hassle every year. Make a copy and errase on the copy all vital information. However, not every country or accommodation accepts that copy. Still it is useful to carry a number of copies with you.
13. During your holiday, things can go differently than planned. We're not talking about serious things like illness or other violent things, but about smaller things that might go wrong. That doesn't have to be bad at all. Isn't the camping as fun as you thought? Are those hikes in the mountains much tougher than hoped for? See what you can change and try to put it in the category 'fun stories for later'.
14. Lost your laptop? Dirty tables in airplanes? In this short overview you can read all about weight problems with suitcases, labelling your stuff and packing bags. Fijn om te weten.
After your holiday
15. Keep the holiday feeling after returning home? Difficult. There is a reason for saying that the effect of a holiday, whether it's a short trip or a long round trip, lasts a maximum of three days when you come home. After all, normal life begins again when you open your front door. Still, you can do something to keep the holiday feeling somewhat alive. Kijk maar eens bij deze tips.